IAFL Introduction to European Family Law Conference, Kyiv
Event date: 19 Mar 2020
Where and When
End: Friday 20th March 2020 at 5:00 PM
Map and Directions
Building on successful recent IAFL conferences for younger delegates, this 1.5 day conference is again aimed at potential fellows of IAFL & more recently admitted fellows. It is taking place in Kyiv, the capital city of Ukraine.
Sitting on the banks of the River Dnepr, Kyiv is one of the oldest cities in Europe, dating back to at least 500 AD. It boasts art and architecture that are recognised world treasures including the Cathedral of St Sophia which houses outstanding mosaics and frescoes dating back to the 11th century.
IAFL and the IAFL European Chapter again hope to welcome attendees from continental European countries which are currently under-represented within the IAFL and younger potential new fellows. This introduction to European Family Law conference will be informative, and a great way to network with fellow up and coming family lawyers from across Europe in fun and friendly surroundings.
The Conference Venue for both days is The InterContinental, Kyiv, where IAFL reserved a limited number of rooms at a rate with breakfast included of €160 for single occupancy and €190 for double occupancy. Any unsold rooms in the room block were released on Wednesday 19th February. Queries about further availability and bookings should be sent by email to Esther Meneses: email@example.com
Thursday 19th March
- Afternoon Conference
- Evening Welcome Reception at The InterContinental Hotel
- Optional Dinner at Monaco Restaurant
Friday 20th March
- Morning Conference
- Afternoon Conference
- Drinks Reception at The InterContinental Hotel
- Optional Dinner at Kanapa Restaurant. (The original plan was to eat at 100 Years Back in Future but we exceed the maximum capacity so have had to re-locate)
The Education Programme will include the following topics:-
- Digital information and social media – challenges for family lawyers (of different generations!)
- How decisions are made:
- Voice of the child – how does your jurisdiction listen to a child’s views?
- Transparency of judicial decision making - private courts/ private judgments?
- Maintenance – current thinking, and where is it going?
- Divorce and financial splits - an essential outline
- Recent international private law children cases in your higher court
Thank You to Our Sponsor
IAFL are truly grateful to our conference sponsor Avellum who are helping to make the conference accessible to family law professionals.
Full refund of registration fee if cancellation occurs before March 2nd 2020 less a $20 administration fee per person (credit card costs and expenses of the administrator). No refund of registration fees thereafter. Dinner and tour fees are refundable if cancellation occurs before March 2nd 2020 only if the Academy is not charged.
IAFL Use of Your Data
If you would like further information, please contact Ali Massey via firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailing List for IAFL Open Meetings
If you are not an IAFL Fellow and would like to receive further information about this and other IAFL Open Meetings, click here to subscribe to our mailing list for updates about IAFL Open Meetings.