IAFL European Chapter Meeting, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Event date: 11 Sep 2019
Where and When
Melia Palma Bay
Carrer de Felicià Fuster, 4
07006 Palma, Mallorca, Spain
End: Sunday 15th September 2019 at 12:00 PM
Map and Directions
Mallorca is the largest of the Balearic islands and is diverse and full of character. From the crystal clear turqoise sea, hidden coves and golden sands, through to the rugged Tramuntana mountain range and picturesque stone villages, it is an island steeped in beautiful vistas, history and culture. Palma is Mallorca’s vibrant and energetic capital city. Its cobbled backstreets are lined with galleries and boutiques, pretty plazas are filled with cafes and bars, local markets are overflowing with the very best fresh produce and its stunning historical centre and sea front Cathedral preside over all. Palma has also become one of the top cities for gastronomic excellence in Europe.
Palau de Congressos and Hotel
The Education Programme will take place in Palau de Congressos which opened its doors in Spring 2017. The striking seafront building was designed by internationally renowned architect Francisco Mangado, and is the only location to offer state of the art technology and such variety of auditoriums and meeting spaces in the Balearics. Mangado designed the building using the beautiful Mediterranean light and incredible sea views as inspiration.
The meeting hotel, the 4* Melia Palma Bay, sits directly next to the Palau de Congressos, and the two buildings are connected. This modern hotel is the ideal base for discovering both the city and the island with its excellent location close to the popular seaside district of Portixol, Palma beach and the historic city centre.
IAFL has reserved a limited number of rooms at the hotel which are available on a first come first served basis at the following rates: Deluxe Rooms (€209 single - €224 double) and The Level Rooms (€295 single - €310 double). These rates include breakfast. All IAFL hotel guests will have exclusive access to the Level Lounge, a private space with outstanding views over Palma Bay, which will serve a selection of complimentary gourmet products, snacks and drinks each day from 7am – 11pm. There will also be paid bar in the Level Lounge from 11pm until 1am each night during the meeting.Click here to reserve your hotel room
A summary of the meeting programme is outlined below.
Wednesday 11th September
- Afternoon: Walking tour of Palma for all
- Evening: Welcome Reception and Dinner at The Palau de Congressos overlooking the sea
Thursday 12th September
- Morning: Education Programme for Lawyers. Shopping and food tours of Palma for Accompanying Guests
- Afternoon: Lunch in Port de Soller and tour of Soller town for all
- Evening: Happy Hour at 49 Steps Bar, overlooking the harbour. Dinners at Forn de Sant Joan, Mar de Nudos and Palacio Can Marqués
Friday 13th September
- Morning: Education Programme for Lawyers. Art Gallery tours for Accompanying Guests
- Afternoon: Wine tour and tasting with lunch or visit to olive oil farm with tasting and lunch for all
- Evening: Happy Hour at Es Baluard. Dinners at Adrian Quetglas, Nuru and Sadrassana
Saturday 14th September
- Morning: Education Programme for Lawyers. European Chapter AGM for Lawyers and Accompanying Guests
- Afternoon: Lunch at the Beach Hut and sailing trip on Attraction catamaran or lunch and afternoon at Puros Beach Club for all
- Evening: President's Dinner at Son Mir
Sunday 15th September
- Morning: Golf Tournament at Son Gual Golf Course
Elizabeth Hicks (London, England) and Maryla Rytter Wróblewski (Copenhagen, Denmark) are leading the Education programme which will look at different concepts in family law such as:
- What is a pension?
- What is capacity?
- What is a parent?
- What is a divorce?
The detailed Education Programme will be added soon.
We would very much welcome offers of sponsorship from Fellows, their firms or other firms wishing to develop a relationship with IAFL. All sponsors will be recognised on our website, in conference materials and during the course of the meeting, and would have the opportunity to distribute promotional material to delegates.
Registration will open in mid May. If you would like more information about the meeting, please contact Ali Massey via firstname.lastname@example.org